Instagram is first and foremost a smartphone based app but sometimes I’ve wanted to post from my Mac…..well, I discovered a pretty nifty ‘hack’ yesterday…..here goes!
- Firstly, open Safari and head to Preferences
- Now click Advanced
- Next make sure Show Develop Menu in the Menu Bar is on.
- From there, head to the Instagram website and log in to your account.
- Then in the menu select Develop > User Agent > Safari – iOS 10 – iPhone.
- The Instagram website should automatically reload (manually refresh if not) and display the mobile version of the site, complete with upload functionality.
- Select the Camera icon, browse for the image you’d like to post and select Choose.